Wednesday 23 January 2013

Scrub-a-dub-dub.

Hi there Folks,

Today I thought I'd share my views on the Rio Sonicleanse with you all. I'd been interested in a Clarisonic for a fair while but I just couldn't justify spending over £100 on something to clean my face with. I'd heard of the Sonicleanse before and then I saw this video that A Thrify Mrs made about it and that got me thinking. When I watched the video it was right before my birthday and my boyfriend was struggling for what to get me so I suggested it and the rest is history.



That was nearly two months ago and I've used it pretty much everyday since I got it, give or take a couple of lazy days, and I really really love it. I'd heard that the battery on it wasn't the best, A Thrify Mrs said that hers had lasted 3 weeks initially and had got progressively less as she'd charged it. But I charged mine up at the beginning of December when I got it and it's only just needed re-charging yesterday...so that's over 6 weeks of use! However, as it's only just been recharged I can't say whether or not mine has decreased. I don't know how long other people use theirs for each time either, I personally only do 2 minutes because I have sensitive skin and I feel like that is plenty, so maybe that's why it lasted so long, but I'm so impressed none the less.

Like I just said, I have sensitive skin and it's also pretty dry, so I was worried that the Sonicleanse would aggravate it or make it worse but I've found that used with a good moisturiser, its helped get rid of some of the stubborn flaky bits, especially around my nose and on my forehead.

I've also been impressed because I was fully expecting to have an awful purge stage right around christmas with loads of nasty breakouts, but I really didn't. I've never been one to have breakouts anyway but I was expecting a couple so I was pleasantly surprised. I've only found that I've had a couple more on my cheeks which I don't normally get, but that's only been in the last couple of weeks when I've been quite stressed with uni work etc., so that could have contributed.

I've been using it with my Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean cleanser which I've really been enjoying and it has such a lovely smell, nice and fresh! I've also used it with the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser as this is what I used before I had the Soniclease and I have a stockpile of it from when it was on 2 for £4, but it works nicely also.



Because I haven't used the Clarisonic before I can't say whether or not it compares to it, but to be honest, it doesn't have to, I like it just as it is and I'm quite happy to stick with the cheaper option!

Have any of you ever tried one of these snazzy 'giant face toothbrushes' (this is what my bf calls it...he knows nothing!). Please do share what you think!

Ciao for now,

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment